Sunday 6 June 2010

THE FULL STORY OF THE TATTOO

As mentioned in a previous blog post, I went with my hubby this week to get a tattoo on my hairline. This is the story of how it came about and what it represents for me.

I have always fancied a tattoo. When we got engaged, hubby treated me to a gorgeous engagement ring after proposing outside the jewellers, and I treated him to a tattoo. He got the Chinese symbol for eternity on his right shoulder. I really wanted one too but was too chicken in the tattoo place and didn't get it done. Since then hubby has gone on to have another two on his left arm which are our names in Hindu but its a project unfinished as he wants the kids added on too at some point.

Anyway, for a while Ive been regretting not getting it done but wasn't sure what i wanted done, then last week I decided I wanted to have stars, one for each child as I'm always saying they re my little stars. So on Monday Hubby took me to a place nearby that he knows of and I had it done. The guy sat me down discussed what I wanted and why and was very understanding of my fear. He guided me through the whole process and in the end it didn't hurt one bit. I was actually enjoying it. I was told to keep it clean and dry for a week and then we left. With it being on the back of my neck I'm the only one who hasn't had a good look at it. Typical, this photo is the only way Ive seen it.

Its healing now and really hasn't caused me any problems at all, but then my mum hasn't seen it yet and I'm hoping wont for some time. Eek. Shes not a fan of any tattoos, but its done now and i love it.

I'm hoping its not finished yet. Id really like another baby at some point so would add another star then I hope to finish it with Chinese symbol on my hubby's back under the finished stars.

If I had any advice for someone thinking about it I'd Say, be 100% sure of what you want and go for it. I cant wait for my next one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.