Friday 15 April 2011

Find Out More About Me

I have been tagged by the lovely Dawn over at The Moiderer to answer some questions to help you find out more about me. I'm always happy to spill about me and my nuttiness so here goes.

Which Living Person do you admire most and why?

I think I would say my Dad. I know most people put famous people but I really do admire my Dad. Hes 67 and still working to give my Mum and he a lovely home and life. He's financially helped out anyone who's ever needed it and is always first with a hug and a chat if any of us need it. He's a fantastic business man who's potential is hardly ever recognised in its entirety but he carries on regardless. He's always been my Dad, my confident and my best friend (him and my Mum).

When were you happiest?

I think probably as a child. I was obviously over the moon when my babies were born but it was filled with anxiety about depression etc too so I would say my childhood was happiest. I never had to worry or stress as a child and felt unconditionally loved and special.

What is your most embarrassing moment?

Anything to do with public speaking probably. I am funnily enough painfully shy and lacking in self confidence so any time I have had to speak throughout education or work I choke and have a squeaky shaky voice. I hate it and find it intensely embarrassing.

Aside from Property whats the most expensive thing you've bought?

Probably my car. We just bought it and it was the most expensive one I've ever owned.

What is your most treasured possession?

My engagement ring. It was my second one after my first fell apart and hubby and I designed it, sourced the stones and had it made. It valued 4x more than it all cost us and I adore it. I worry about something happening to it so much I'm scared to wear it a lot of the time.

Where would you like to live?

I'd love to live in the states. I've never been but would love to go and think I would be hard pushed to want to come home.  If I had to be realistic about it though I'd love to move back to Paris.

What is your favourite smell?

Babies newly bathed.  I still bath my little one at 2.5 in baby shampoo just so I can breathe him in.

Who would you like to play you in a film of your life?

Sandra Bullock. We look nothing alike but shes fantastic and comes across a bit nutty like me.

What is your favourite book?

The James Patterson Alex Cross series if I'm in a serious mood or any Marion Keyes if I fancy a good giggle.

What is your most unappealing habit?

Probably filing my nails. I do it a lot and Hubby hates the noise.

What would be your fancy dress costume of choice?

Marilyn Munroe probably. She was so gorgeous wasn't she??

What is your earliest memory?

Having my night nappy put on lying on my sisters bed. It had the huge safety pins with pink safety covers on. My mum thinks I' d have been around 18months.

What is your guiltiest pleasure?

Wine. I love wine. I try to behave with it so have cut right down.

What do you owe your parents?

Everything. I'm who I am because of them and I have the morals and manners I have because of them. They've helped me through the darkest times of my life and been a huge crutch. I don't know how I'd have gotten through single motherhood and depression without them.

To whom would you like to say sorry and why?

I'd like to say sorry to my best friend Stuart for the stupid fall out we had when I was 16 and we didn't speak for 2 years and when we did again it was never the same again. I'm sorry I didn't get to tell him I loved him and how sorry I was. He died when I was 21 in a horrific road accident. He'd asked me to go round for dinner the next night and a proper chat and he died before I could tell him. It will always be my biggest burden to carry. He never knew how much he meant to me.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?

My kids.

Who was the best kiss of your life?

Can't tell you that!!!! I'm married. LOL

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?

Infuriated!! I swear a lot. I try not to but I suffer from severe potty mouth itis.

Whats the worst job you've done?

Nannying. I hated it!

If you could edit your past what would you change?

I wish I'd known to show people how much they meant to me more at a younger age. When you're young and carefree you don't realise what loss feels like and how much you regret.

Whats the closest you've come to death?

I had a bad car accident in 2005 and at the time I thought I was a gonner as the car spun over and over. I remember being upside down when it stopped and looking at my hands and touching my face to make sure I was alive. weird.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?

Functioning every day and giving my children a completely normal upbringing despite my bi polar.

When did you cry last and why?

Last night when talking to a lady who inspires me with her courage.

How do you relax?

Whats that????

What single thing would improve your quality of life?

Enough money to pay the negative equity off in our house so we could sell it and move. This house and our neighbour problems has ruined a lot of everything for us for the last few years.

Whats the most important lesson life has taught you?

Everything happens for a reason and appreciate the people you have as they may be gone in a flash.



Now I have to tag people I'd like to know more about. Apologies if any of you have already been tagged but here goes.

@jessies_online as she's lovely.
@cheshire_claire as shes funny and I bet it'll make us laugh
@kateagreen as shes just too cute
@annieqpr as she's an inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.