Saturday 2 April 2011

Our Adventure

You will or will not know that I have had a lot of problems with my driving since a bad accident in 2005. gradually I have lost my confidence completely until I would only drive to very local areas.However, recently my husband has been making me drive more to further afield, but when I say making me I mean I've wanted to but normally wouldn't actually go through with it.

I've had a few practice days driving a little further each time and am now feeling a lot more confident. This week was  a bad week for me and I was feeling a little confined by my feeling and fears so on Friday I decided to take Caleb on an Adventure. We had been supposed to go and visit Gran and Papa in Aberfoyle on Wednesday which Caleb was really looking forward to but our plans fell through so on Friday i told him we would go on an Adventure to take his mind off it and he was so excited. Its not often we go anywhere other than for a walk locally together.

I packed up our stuff, we got in the car and off we set. I had no idea where but we just drove. At one point wondered about his first trip to the cinema but we missed the turnoff on the motor way and ended up travelling towards Glasgow.  So we decided that Silverburn shopping complex would be good fun and so that was the turnoff we took. Good plan it was too, we had great fun.

We went to build a bear and Caleb built himself a doggy, then for lunch to Frankie and Bennys, bought cupcakes and wandered round the shops.


Nom Nom Nom chicken.


When we got home we snuggled on the sofa with Doggy and watched some Cbeebies. Daddy and Sophie loved their cupcakes too. 

It was a great day and I enjoyed the drive. I'm hoping its the first of many days further a field. 



3 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you! and so jealous of you going to Build a bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we have to get them both to Bulid a Bear one day soon. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So glad you are feeling better about driving! We'll have to meet up soon x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.