Saturday 18 June 2011

A song to remember by




My last post was so maudlin so if you are of a sobby disability like I am look away now.

Five years after my friend was killed I was clearing out some of my own clothes and found a few of his  in amongst it. I remember sitting looking through the pockets of his denim jacket and found some things he had in them. It was the hardest thing I had to do.  I had MTV on at the time and this song was playing. It wasn't the jacket that got me or his things in the pockets, it was the song. I sat on the floor of my bedroom crying for a loooooong time.

Anyway, this week I've been struggling a lot with missing him and lay listening to old songs last night before I went to sleep. This came on and made me teary eyed but smile too.

Thought I'd share it as its such a fabulous song. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. love that song :-)

    one that gets me like that is 'Don't look Back in Anger' by Oasis
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.